Nombre total de pages vues

samedi 10 mars 2012

KONY 2012 COMPAIGN : STOP COLONIALISM AND PATERNALISM

I AM SURE YOU ARE ALL AWARE OF THE KONY 2012 VIRAL VIDEO. BECAUSE I AM OLDER IN THIS EARTH "I KNOW" LIKE Jazzwife said; I received this video two days ago the person who sent it to me was questioning the motives; Because i knew who was Joseph Kony and the infamous LRA ( i am african and keep updated on my bith place) way before all this SO called AWARN-ASS CAMPAIGN like if a white regular person doesn't know about a subject or a situation SO automatically NOBODY KNOWS OR NOBODY IS AWARE OR WORST NOBODY DOES SOMETHING EVEN THE LOCAL PEOPLE because of course they are waiting for THEIR WHITE SAVIOUR. I started to watch it; for the one who hasn't seen it the video starts by Jason Russel an activist of the NGO Invisible Children talking or self promoting his family life and how with internet we are all connected and can change the world blah blah blah; Then i asked myself where all this lead us; That is when he started to mention the story of an ex child soldier of Uganda and how since he knows him and the situation in Uganda HE DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING BECAUSE HE WANTS A BETTER WORLD FOR HIS SON blah blah blah AND I STOPPED TO WATCH IT AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT. I saw so many Geldorf, Bono, Sting etc.... So many fake self promoting agenda westerns people that i dont pay no more attention to them; Sadly for me the day after at school; During lunch time my white colleagues were all buzzing about plastered the wall with the Kony 2012 posters asking me if i wanted to be involve, or if i have seen the video? I just explained to them that I AM AWARE OF WHAT'S GOING ON in Uganda way before this video but why WERE THEY SO CONCERNED SUDDENLY? THEY explain to me that Joseph kony needed to be arrested for the crimes he commited; I said to them that of course unless you are a cold blood human being, You must be agree with this BUT AGAIN WHY NOW ESPECIALLY WHEN HE SEEMED TO HAVE DISEAPEARED like 6 years ago and things in this area have improved significantly; But again nobody wants to look deeply into it; And of course nobody wants to listen to What Uganda people think about this so called AWARN-ASS CAMPAIGN. NOBODY WANTS TO KNOW WHAT UGANDA PEOPLE HAVE DONE TO IMPROVE THE SITUATION. My colleagues argued that the campaign may help to arrest Kony more quickly; I tried to explain to them that the problem is more than that and Kony is not the only one to blame in this awful situation; I told them to ask themself WHERE AND HOW KONY GETS HIS WEAPONS DURING 30 YEARS NOW? I ALSO tried to explain that they will be more efficient to help THE CHILD SOLDIER IN UK because sorry but FOR ME GANG MEMBERS especially when they are minors ARE CHILD SOLDIERS. TO CONCLUDE I WILL INVITE YOU TO WATCH THIS TWO VIDEOS ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE KONY 2012. EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCH IT BECAUSE WE NEED TO LISTEN THE MANY SIDES OF A STORY. A UGANDA PERSPECTIVE HER WEBSITE http://rosebellkagumire.com/2012/03/09/more-perspective-on-kony2012/#comments ANOTHER JOURNALIST PERSPECTIVE A MUST READ : http://www.barazaonline.org/blog/item/24-invisible-message-kony-and-color I HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND AND NOT FALL FOR THIS HYPE. GOD BLESS.

6 commentaires:

  1. This campaign is also running through my school. I remember in 2005 I spent a week on Darfur because I showed my students the movie Hotel Rwanda and in English they were reading The Diary of Anne Frank. Nobody was talking about it until Bono mentioned Darfur at a concert. Then everyone at my school was doing lessons and I thought "well let's all jump on the bandwagon". I hear you, when it comes to Africa it's like nobody cares about the problems unless a famous white person brings attention to it. And you do have a point about who's financing and providing weapons for these monsters.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. yep you have good sentiments. People also get hyped up on issues which have nothing to do with them because it is the "In thing" to do and do and so is doing it. Like you say, how come it took so long for them to get involved???
    By the way I have directed scads of people to your site about hair care!! We have over 30 ladies working here and they are ALL into natural hair. I don't know why, but Botswana has just been through a stage of wigs. And I mean 95 percent of the women wore wigs!! Within the last month about 50% of Botswana abandoned wigs and have gone back to braids and straightened natural. Fashion is a crazy crazy sad thing!!! Maybe its a personal thing, but I just prefer women to wear natural hair.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes fashion can be a very crazy especially when it promotes unhealthy habits;
      So happy when you visit me Archi you always bring me good news;Thank you for the publicity and for the ladies tell them that i will be happy to share some tips;
      God Bless you and your wife and the ladies of course;

      Supprimer
  3. MINASEK. I've been trying to reach you for a few weeks now. Can you connect your e-mail to your blog so I can contact you? Or can you tweet me @BWofBrazil?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. You can contact me at minasekcaroline@gmail.com

      God Bless;

      Supprimer

opinions et sentiments